Thursday, January 28, 2016
Am I Fed Up?
I watched the documentary Fed Up tonight, and it certainly got me thinking. I've been trying really hard to be healthy and the film made me realize that my efforts are in vain. They stated that all foods have an unreasonable amount of sugar in them and the only way to eat truly healthy is to go local and organic, which is hard to do as a poor college student. I think that the audience is everyone in America. Every body eats unhealthy every once and a while, and they deserve to know what is in their food contains. The writer of Fed Up assumes that all people eat unhealthy, however, I do know of some people who can afford to eat all healthy and organic food. The purpose of the film is to persuade people to question where their food comes from and try to eat more organic food. If enough people do that, it would prevent the big food companies from profiting from selling really unhealthy food. The film employs both Pathos and Logos more than the others: logos because it appeals to people's logic with the statistics that the documentary presents, and pathos because it shows many emotional stories about kids who are trying to be healthy that a good amount of people can relate to. They would've been more successful if they were less aggressive with their tactics. They could've been more logical and presented their counter-arguments to build their credibility. In conclusion, I think the film brought up many good points, however, they could've gone about it better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment