Thursday, January 21, 2016

Blog Mentor

After looking through several food blogs this week, I finally found a blog that truly spoke to me. It's called thelittleloaf, and is run by a woman from London named Kate. With every post, there is a simple picture attached, and the she always relates the recipe to an event in her life. In her bio, she says "Allow a small sense of occasion into every bite you take, bake a little love into everything you make and I promise you'll taste the difference."

Kate inspires others to turn what could be simple dishes into these fantastic meals that look beautiful too. Her website is set up so that you can either look at the home page, which has the pictures of recipes, along with her personal memories having to do with the dish. You can also navigate to an 'about' page where she has a description of her blog and a short bio about herself explaining why she loves cooking. After that, you can go to a 'recipes' page that contains just pictures of food with a link attached explaining how exactly to make it. She then has a description about the cooking book that she wrote, and after that contact information. Thelittleloaf is wonderfully set up and, personally, I really enjoy the simplicity of the blog. 

Kate shares many personal stories with her audience, and she seems to be very responsive to them. It looks like she wants her followers to be able to come to her with any questions. I love how calming the blog is and how it acts like an open platform for all kinds of conversation. I'm excited to continue following this blog and learn more about these awesome recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment